Using Remote Nodes
In case you don't want to download the blockchain and verify it everytime, you can instead use a Remote Node to quickly sync the blockchain.
Note: By default, Proton Wallet connects to a reliable remote node over SSL, so this step should be unnecessary unless you wish to connect to a particular remote node.
- Open your wallet
- Click on the settings icon in the top right
- In the text box below, enter the URL and Port of the node you wish to connect to
- Click "Connect"
- You may also click "Find node..." which will select a random node
- Open up a command prompt window and navigate to the folder that contains zedwallet.
- Use the following command to start zedwallet
zedwallet.exe --remote-daemon host:port
Mac and Linux
./zedwallet --remote-daemon host:port
host:port with values from one of the public remote daemons available below.
You can now follow your normal process to access your wallet.
zedwallet.exe --remote-daemon public.turtlenode.online:11898
Making a Script to Do it Automatically
Note: This only works on Windows, and for zedwallet
- Open NotePad/a text editor of your choice and type the following lines inside:
@echo off zedwallet-beta.exe --remote-daemon host:port pause
host:portwith the values from a node in the given links below.
- Save the filename as
start.batand save the file as
- Double click on the file to start the daemon.