How to Set Up XMR-Stak¶
XMR-Stak is a unified miner, which means the same program will be used to mine with both your CPU and your GPU. It will automatically detect your hardware and adjust the settings accordingly.
Downloading and Installing for Windows¶
- Download and install XMR-Stak Unified Miner. It will auto-detect your hardware, and tune everything for you.
- Make a folder called
TurtleCoin Mineron your Desktop and unzip the files you just downloaded for XMR-Stak in there.
To start XMR-Stak without using your CPU/GPU, follow these steps ¶
Open Command Prompt
cd Desktop\TurtleCoin Miner
To start XMR-Stak without utilising the CPU, type
- To start XMR-Stak without utilizing your nVidia GPU, type
- To start XMR-Stak without utilizing your AMD GPU, type
- To start XMR-Stak without utilizing either of your GPU's, type
xmr-stak.exe --noAMD --noNVIDIA
If you want to use both your CPU and your GPU, ignore these steps. Just launch
Yeswhen it asks if you want to run as Administrator. This is so that the program can see what hardware you're running.
- Check XMR-Stak Setup and Configuration
Downloading and Installing for Mac¶
Downloading and Installing for Linux¶
View this guide to get started with XMR-Stak on Linux.
XMR-Stak Setup and Configuration¶
Upon first launching XMR-Stak, the software will ask you several setup and configuration questions.
Please enter: - Do you want to use the HTTP interface? Unlike the screen display, browser interface is not affected by the GPU lag. If you don't want to use it, please enter 0, otherwise enter port number that the miner should listen on
0, if you are like most people, and do not need to remotely check your hashrate.
If you do need to, then enter a port number. Let's take the port number as
0101and your IP address as
188.8.131.52as an example.
To check the hashrate, enter in the address bar of your web browser,
<184.108.40.206>:<0101>. It should show a page with your rig's hashrate. If you are checking from the same IP address, you can alternatively enter,
Make sure to enter your own IP address if you enable this feature. You can choose any port you want(uptil 9999)!
Please enter: - Please enter the currency that you want to mine: - aeon7 - bbscoin - croat - cryptonight - cryptonight_heavy - cryptonight_lite - cryptonight_lite_v7 - cryptonight_v7 - edollar - electroneum - graft - haven - intense - karbo - monero7 - stellite - sumokoin - turtlecoin
- Pool address: e.g. pool.example.com:3333
Choose a pool from any of the available pools that is closest to you and enter its URL (you will be able to add more later).
- Username (Wallet address or pool login):
If you have not yet downloaded and ran the TurtleCoin core software to sync the blockchain and create a wallet, you can make a paper wallet to start mining towards now, and import the wallet later.
- Password (mostly empty or x):
- Rig identifier for pool-side statistics (needs pool support). Can be empty:
Leave it empty and press enter.
- Does this pool port support TLS/SSL? Use no if unknown. (y/N)
In most cases,
- Do you want to use nicehash on this pool? (y/n)
n(in case you do, enter
- Do you want to use multiple pools? (y/n)
yif you would like to add more pools.
- Give them all a weight of
10if you're tired of reading, or if you want the best experience, give the pools nearest to you a higher number, and the ones further from you a lower number.
- XMR-Stak will prioritize the highest weight pool, and fall back to the others if it cannot connect.
- If they are all given the same weight, it will connect to them in order of how they are listed, form top to bottom, in the configuration file.
- If you are on Windows 7 or 8, it will ask for administrator permission again. Click
Yesto grant it permission.
- If you are on Windows 10, it will not ask for it again.
Done! The miner will now start scanning your hardware and will begin mining. Awesome!
XMR-Stak will save your configuration in
config.txt in the same directory from which it was first run.
Your configuration for pools(algorithm to mine, address, port etc) will be saved in
The configuration of the device it mines(CPU/AMD/NVIDIA) will be saved in
Run XMR-Stak again from the same directory to reuse the configuration.